Footpath walk Gwennap/Carharrack /Twelveheads/Sunny Corner circular.
5.5 miles approx. 1 hour 45 minutes.
A bit further this time, but it is summer and you should be
getting out more! Not much mud either for those who seem to expect
tarmacadam on these rural footpaths!!
- (1). Leave Gwennap Church car park, taking the road towards
- (2). After 600 metres, take the bridleway on your left, up
through the woods skirting the Refuse Tip.
- (3). Turn right at the end of the path beside the new sewage
pumping station, then left up the road towards Carharrack.
- (4). Right at the Public Footpath sign, around the edge of
the bungalow estate. This is part of the new Mineral Tramways
cycle path linking the Twelveheads area to Carn Marth. Follow
it across two roads passing Bensons B&B on your right.
- (5). Straight across the road from Crofthandy to United. Now
keep on this track all the way to Twelveheads. There will be
many granite setts on the surface, indicating the bed of the
old railway from Devoran.
- (6). There is a granite post in the middle of the path at the
Twelveheads end. Turn right up the wide track, following it up
past Arley Cottage and Old Cusvey House. Mount Wellington
looms large on the hill to your left.
- (7). Straight across the main road, still climbing up. Right
where the track meets a smaller lane, up past Wheal Clifford
Farm, then left at the cross lanes down to Kimberley Cottage
(8) and straight across the road.
- (9). Pass by Poppy Cottage then straight on to a narrow path,
sign posted ‘Public Footpath’. Continue down the footpath
until you come out on the Sunny Corner road (10). Turn right,
go straight across the crossroads and follow the road back to