Short walk Hicks Mill - Bissoe - Coombe - Hicks Mill.
2 miles approx. Less than one hour.
An easy one this time!
- (1). Start from the car park at Hicks Mill Methodist Church, RIGHT up the hill and then LEFT on the bend signed "Mount Pleasant Farm", through the gate (close it afterwards!). Follow this lane down to your LEFT at the next gate and bear LEFT again where lanes meet, down to the road junction.
- (2). STRAIGHT ACROSS, down the footpath. Where it opens out into a wide space, aim for the fir trees in front of you, keeping them on your right.
- (3). LEFT onto the cycle trail up to the main road at Point Mills bridge. LEFT again, up the road, then RIGHT up Race Hill.
- (4). Immediately LEFT, up the footpath alongside Woodgrove House continuing up the road to a junction. LEFT (downhill at last!) then RIGHT at the bottom where it meets the Cusgarne – Bissoe road.
- (5). LEFT almost immediately, down the steep slope, LEFT at the Footpath sign with the river on your left. Follow this path back to the Methodist Church where you started.